10:47 AM












The day started with a great trip to another church, but it was so refreshing to see-Saint Denis…with the magnificent stain glass windows, it was stunning, take your breath away amazing with the colors, the detail, the sheer size. After seeing so many cathedrals it’s so great to see something so different. I loved the mosaics in Italy, but stain glass has always been so mysterious to me, so complicated! It was nice to have a more peaceful place and just sit and enjoy it’s beauty.
Then on to something very different…POMP, Pomp,da, Pompidou designed by the amazing Richard Rogers, it was so cool…rad…I might even say! It was so complicated, it amazes me how the artistic mind works, how did he come up with that. It was inside out…the elevator scaled the outside, and what an amazing view. Finally a view that I can really see clear to the Eiffel tower! And going inside I was so excited to see the paintings that I’d studied for so many years, Picasso was there…Picasso! Then we went and got a little snacky…oh, you know, a crepe! I had the jambon and fromage…it was so amazing! I think I’m going to love France just for the food…it kinda makes up for the crusty people and smelly pee pee streets!
Then after a little meandering though some great gardens and a funny statue…see picture!... Then onto the…LOUVE! I couldn’t believe how sweet the IM Pei pyramid was, the way it worked conflicting and a harmonious to create a great view into what art is. I love the effect design has to the people who enjoy it; seeing all the people, sitting around the water, seeing the light gleaming brightly, and the most magnificent…the shadow thrown on the original 14 mile museum. The Beccah I was wanted to see it all, and I did a pretty close job, of course the Mona Liza was on that list, which was so great to see, and the there works by Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Michelangelo…the favorite was da Vinci’s Madonna on the Rocks, to see it in real life and to see the texture of the paint and know that this has come from the man! We also hit the Napoleon apartments which were absolutely incredible, they are all very ornate and have the classic baroque architecture. The colors where the most fantastic, rich, bold colors. I still can’t believe how much I saw and how much their was to see. So, by the end I was pretty sure I was going to die…my feet felt like I had walked like 14 miles…exactly! I loved it so much, seeing the pyramid from the inside was just momentous! Note…I looked for the marks from Da Vinci code and they weren’t there…ah, Movies lie! But really…this was amazing. We relaxed outside and tried to recover, sticking our feet in the water and then realized…we want food. We shopped a little on the way and then found…finally after several days of wanting a great French Bistro, with authentic food and great ambience…success! I had the much anticipated French omelet- you need to read this in a Julia Child voice- a lovely green salad, with fresh green tomatoes and light mustard vinaigrette. Then, drum roll please!...Crème Brule! It was freaking amazing, I’ve always wanted to try it and now…it was well worth the wait, with the Louvre in the background and lamp post lining the streets. I can’t believe I’m Here…have I said that before!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: