11:38 PM

I left my heart in Venice

















































Today was thus far the most amazing day! I can’t believe I’m here and getting to have the experience of a lifetime. I have to tell you about the best continental breakfast ever, first you enter their fabulous dining room, with white covered chairs and fresh flowers on the tables. The food was so good to; I’m really going to miss the croissant, yummy pastries, and breakfast being at my beacon call!
We started off the day like a celeb, beautiful private boats took us to the island that produces the famous Venison Glass, where the master of glass created an amazing horse out of molten glass. They really call them maestro…maestro of glass! It takes years and years to train to be a master with the company, and you can tell in the work that we got to see. It’s incredible; I couldn’t believe how amazing it was…truly masterpieces. They had chandeliers, sculptures, vases, jewelry, oh my amazing. I totally felt like I was going to break something though…I’m known to do stupid things like that! That would be what would happen, I would turn and hit something then the entire showroom would become a giant disturbing domino effect.
After that we had some time to explore the island and see all the fun shops, I got these really great glass ball rings that I love! We found this crazy yellow house that we decided we would do a little ANTM…smile with your eyes! We headed to the St. Marks to tour thought…the exterior had such a great look, Byzantine along with Gothic architecture. It was so amazing inside to, the most beautiful mosaics, and carvings every inch adorned with something. We traveled back around the hotel and had dinner at the same place we went a few day ago…very tasty, and now drink less to save a few bucks, I don’t know what people do who drink things harder than Coke…pricey, pricey. We hit a few more stores…there’s some many great little stores to take in here in Venice. Then went for the monuments gondola ride, we had a the greatest driver, not to bad to look at either! I’m just pretending he wasn’t married and like 40! He was great, we had 4 aboard, Jenna, Malory, Whitney, and I…I made it just in time to have the most beautiful sunset with brilliantly shining waters. He went though some of the great history of Venice and how the city functioned all around the water. They actually have doors on the waterside…front doors and entries! I just can’t say enough about how much I really freaking love it here. And just to make the moment that much more memorable, he started singing to us, “when the moon hits your eyes like a big pizza pie, that’s amore” I just couldn’t believe I could be that content and happy…in a beautiful black lacquer boat with chairs like a thrown…this really is the life! We met up with Kyle, Megan and Jen and had a great meal riverside! We did some great shopping then headed back when we realized…ah last night in Italy, so Mal and I headed to the corner for some gelato...of course and just wandered the streets of Venice!






Posted by Picasa

0 comments: