10:42 AM

Portobello Road...Portobello Road

We started off by once again sleeping in…the only time that’s not good is when we want to spend hours upon hours shopping at the most well know flea market ever..Notting Hills-Portobella Road..For me this was as much iconic as Big Ben.
There were more shops and more people than I thought could ever exist…ever…favorite finds…a $5 chain red necklace, a really great purse with leather ruffles…leather ruffles…hilarious mind the gap one-zies for the little ones...a Oxford t-shirt and London shirt for 3.50 lb…pound! Oh…there were so many nick nacks and do hickies, whosits and whatsits galore! It was so hard to part when the time came to head to Billy Elliot, but split I must!
We grabbed some snacks..a bad ginger ale episode…and Billy Time. I love seeing a show that you can really feel…everyone who knows me knows that I don’t really cry much, but at one part there’s a song that he sings the letter that his Mom had written for him before she died, hearing the lyrics and being away from my own Mom, it made me just baul…and even reading them now I get a little chocked up…there must be poline in the air or something!

Dear Billy,I must seem a distant memoryWhich is probably a good thingAnd it will have been a long, long timeAnd I will have missed you growingAnd I'll have missed you cryingAnd I'll have missed you laughMissed your stamping and your shoutingI have missed telling you offBut please, Billy, know that I was always thereI was with you through everythingAnd please, Billy, know that I will always beProud to have known youProud that you were mineProud in everythingAnd you must promise me this, BillyIn everything you doAlways be yourself, BillyAnd you always will be trueLove you foreverLove you foreverMam

The entire show was incredible, the dancing, the story…ah, I just can’t describe how fabulous it was with the…words are so limiting! My other favorite part was the after Billy tries out for Julliard one of the coaches asks him, what does it feel like when your dancing… and in response he sings this song…

I can't really explain it, I haven't got the wordsIt's a feeling that you can't controlI suppose it's like forgetting, losing who you areAnd at the same time something makes you wholeIt's like that there's a music, playing in your earAnd I'm listening, and I'm listening, and then I disappearAnd then I feel a change, like a fire deep insideSomething bursting me wide open, impossible to hideAnd suddenly I'm flying, flying like a birdLike Electricity, electricitySparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm freeIt's a bit like being angry; it's a bit like being scaredConfused and all mixed up and mad as hellIt's like when you've been cryingAnd you're empty and you're fullI don't know what it is, it's hard to tellIt's like that there's some music, playing in your earBut the music is impossible, impossible to hearBut then I feel it move meLike a burning deep insideSomething bursting me wide openImpossible to hideAnd suddenly I'm flyingFlying like a birdLike Electricity, electricitySparks inside of meAnd I'm free, I'm freeElectricity sparks inside of meAnd I'm free, I'm freeOh, I'm free

Along with the amazing mix of dance that comes out of this 10 year old boy, amazing! The hole thing was soul shaking!
After the show we wondered home…Malory and I decided that we wanted to try to catch the Peter Pan play that was in Hyde Park…and the first time in several years it’s been in London. So a run and a cab ride later…we were not even close to there. So we enjoyed a stroll around Hyde Park…absolutely wonderful…and to have time just to sit and enjoy the nice breeze in this amazing park. I loved the Italian Garden, absolutely gorgeous! There’s a beautiful pond that has lounge chairs all around it…all full of Arabs at the time…a little freaky moment with some creeper, but it was great just to wonder. We passed the Prince Albert monument which was gynormus…I we might or might not have been walking all over cause we didn’t know exactly where we were, but it was great to just wonder and not worry about running to our next engagement. Mal and I then stopped of at a great little market and back home for a funny night talking with the Mom…she called my H&M purchase a hibby cowboy get-up! It was such a fun day to be hanging out, being in London



Posted by Picasa

0 comments: