11:29 AM

The One, The Only Buckingham Palace


I can’t believe this is really the last day in London…and on this great adventure. I’m excited to be home with my family again, but definitely sad this adventure will only be a distant memory.
We started out touring Buckingham Palace, which only opens to the public, August-September! I have to say this is what I was most excited about London…ah and it was spectacular. Every thing the finest and most gorgeous, most elaborate…just magnificent. From the grand ball room, to the exquisite dress collection of the queen, to the stretching dinning room. Everything was to the highest caliber. Again, using a guided tour we traveled though room after room, just in awe! This is the real deal. I loved the slightly understated décor, compared with baroque throw-up that is all over all these estates, this was a nice mix of attention to detail, without the godliness! We ended our tour with some goodies-tea with the queen in her garden! Best chocolate tart of my life! The gardens were beautiful too, very natural..with willows dripping into the graceful pond. This would be the last tour, and although they are not to be missed, I was glad to have the rest of the day to enjoy London…at a slower pace!
We then headed into a really great hip restaurant…ASK..italian food that was amazing! One of the top 3 meals! Then Whit and I headed to Wicked. I can tell you how much fun it is to have broadways to go to! They really need that in Logan! It was as amazing as the first time…the scene Defying Gravity gets me every time…chills up and down the spine. We had fantastic seats, so I could see her fly in all her glory!

Something has changed within me Something is not the same I'm through with playing by the rules Of someone else's game Too late for second-guessing Too late to go back to sleep It's time to trust my instincts Close my eyes and leap It's time to try Defying gravity I think I'll try Defying gravity And you can't pull me down...

I'm through accepting limits 'Cuz someone says they're so Some things I cannot change But 'till I try, I'll never know Too long I've been afraid of Losing love - I guess I have lost Well, if that's love It comes at much too high a cost I'd sooner buy Defying gravity Kiss me goodbye I'm defying gravity And you can't pull me down...

After we headed to a little restaurant and had a last taste of fish and chips and now with an all night packing job ahead of me! I say goodbye! What an amazing journey this has been. I’m so grateful to my family…my parents for all they did to help me get here, for undying support, love and excitement. This really was a life changing experience.







Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

JenBerger said...

Beccah!
What a fun trip! You are awesome!