10:15 AM

Let’s Rock, Lets Rock…today



A day starting with sleeping in is always a good day! Then we headed out to find tickets for Billy Elliot and Lion King…I love that there is so much to see and do here in London! I don’t even think twice about laying down $70.00! After a couple of hours of figuring them out we ended up with Billy Matinee for Tomorrow and Lion King for Sunday afternoon! I’m so freaking excited…Then it was off to British National Museum, I think this was one of my favorite museums, I say that every time! Favorite moment…after all the paintings we’d seen I was looking for one particular Renaissance painting that I had done an assignment on, where I described every inch of it, as if it were for someone blind. And what do you know right there, Jan Van Eyke’s painting… The Arnolfini Portrait, it’s always so amazing to see how brighter all the colors are and how much texture they really have and how much more depth they have. I can’t tell you how much it means when you see something original…done so long ago, by such a great known person. Then for some fresh impressionism…Van Gogh’s, Sunflowers picture, it baffles me how much depth there is to his paintings, he’s definitely not afraid of running out of paint! It was really nice to go to a museum and not have a stringent time table like we some times end up having. We headed next to Hard Rock..the very first ever, full of Beetles memorabilia and some great Elton John gear. Always a fan of the free refills. Next was off to a must do in London…Harrods! I heart shopping, so you must know this was like a pilgrimage for me! Ah, if only I was made of money! My favorite was the 4th floor, furniture! Great modern sofas, chairs with fabulous textiles! Then some sleek traditional stuff and some chandeliers that cost more than my house! Holy Crap! I didn’t realize that for the ridiculously wealthy, Harrod’s is a one stop shop…food, meat, cheese, couture dresses…gimmy chios! All a gal could ask for. Luckily there was some affordable shopping just around the corner…the beloved H&M!


0 comments: